We're a community of collaborators, and our space only works when we trust one another and work with one another. Follow our Hub Code and you'll be doing just fine:
1. Be respectful of your fellow coworkers. Respect their space, their things, their work, their time.
2. Don't steal the ideas of others. That's just lame. Doing this could result in membership termination.
3. Make your fellow coworkers look amazing in front of their clients.
4. Don't promote yourself to other coworker’s clients. Doing this could result in membership termination.
◦ Use of Space: The Hub is a workplace, not a play place. We like to have a good time, but we're really here to get stuff done. For meetings and group conversations we ask that you use the lounge area or reserve the conference room.
◦ Headphone Rules:
No headphones = Let's chat! I'm not doing anything too important.
One ear covered = Talk to me but make it quick.
Both ears covered = Don't bother me. I'm swamped! You're awesome, but let's chat later.
◦ Label your stuff: This is a safe community, but you know what they say..."If you like it, then you should've put a label on it." Computers, chargers, camera batteries...everything needs to be labeled, It's on you if something is lost.
◦ Food and Drinks: We encourage coworkers to bring in their tasty work-fueling foods and beverages to keep in our fridge. Label yo food, though! If it’s in the old ice box with no name, that means it’s fair game. We clean The Hub refrigerator on the regular. If we see or smell anything funky or expired, we will we throw it in the trash!
◦ Conference Room and Event Space: Reservations of these spaces are made by the Hub Director on The Hub calendar and are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. Once your allotted monthly conference time has been used you will be billed for any additional time via PayPal. When you are finished with your reserved time please make sure the space you are using is clean and appears exactly as it did when you arrived.
◦ Guest Policy: Feel free to bring in guests and show them around, but be sure to have them check-in with a Hub Team member or someone in The Hub office. If your guest wants to stay (longer than 30 minutes) and work or hangout for awhile, they will need to purchase a day pass ($20 for 1 workday). Please no clients or guests outside of business hours (M-F 8am-5pm) without prior notice to The Hub staff.
◦ Atmosphere: We are a curated community. The heart of The Hub is centered around collaborating with, helping and encouraging those around you. As such, it's important that we keep the space one that everyone can enjoy. This isn't a restaurant or hotel, and our staff is not here to clean up after you. Treat the space better than you would treat your own house. Better yet, treat it like your grandmothers’ house.
◦ Available Services & Rates: The Hub is always growing, and as we do we will inevitably add to and remove services that we currently provide. We'll always provide power, air conditioning, coffee, speedy internet and great space for working. The rate at which we are able to provide these basics and the amenities that we provide, however, may change.
◦ Access to Space (Maintenance and Repairs): Sometimes we have to fix things. It may briefly cramp your work-style. But we’ll try to keep that to a minimum. We are only doing this because we love you and want you to have an awesome space.
◦ No Liability: If something goes down, we can't be held liable for it unless we willfully neglect it.
◦ Consent to Use of Data: We can use anything you do on our servers to improve our service. This also means we can see if you do anything that compromises the integrity of the community and the super sweet internet speed.
◦ Internet Access: The Hub doesn’t block online content. That being said, we ain't responsible for any viruses or malware that you pick up from shady or untrusted websites. Browse intelligently. The Hub's internet is guaranteed to be up 99.97% of the time… but we do apologize if the something crazy happens and we lose wireless signal. If disaster strikes, contact the Hub staff to alert them.
◦ Condition of the Space: If you break it, you're gonna have to buy it. Also, The Hub has the decorating covered. Please leave everything the way it is, but chat with us if you have a solution / suggestion.
◦ Property Abandonment: If you no longer choose to be a Hub coworker or rent a space at The Hub, you are responsible for taking all of your stuff with you by your last day of membership. Anything that is left becomes property of The Hub.
◦ Insurance: Renter’s insurance is encouraged, but not required. The Hub is a safe place, but it’s still a good idea to have extra coverage.
◦ Exterior Doors and Windows: You may not leave doors and windows open and unattended. Do not prop doors open, especially during non-business hours, even if it means convenience for you. Direct guests to the exterior door closest to you. Lock and Latch every door before you leave.
◦ Payments: Your membership will be automatically billed to you each month on the date of your sign up. Conference room and event space payments will be invoiced to you via PayPal. Conference room payment is due at the time of booking to secure your date and time. Payment for event space is as follows: a 50% non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking to reserve your date and time. The remaining balance is due one week before your event. Failure to make payments accordingly will result in the cancellation of your event.
◦ Hub Collaborator Card Replacement: If your Collaborator card is lost, stolen, or damaged it can be replaced at the cost of $3.00.
◦ Membership Cancellation: If you decide to terminate your membership with The Hub, you must give formal notice of your dissolution by emailing the Hub staff and ensuring they receive the email. To have your agreement dissolved for the following calendar month, we request a notice of at least 30 days for members and designated desk users. For those in a dedicated office you are required to give a 60 day notice before the end of your written agreement which is 6 to 12 months based on the option of space you use. Failure to comply with either of these terms in dissolving your membership will result in a penalty as follows: Collaborators - your monthly membership fee will be charged to you, Office - the remainder of your contract and your deposit fee.
◦ Membership Termination: By joining The Hub you agree to abide by all of the rules set forth on this page. If you don't, we’re going to have to ask you to leave. The health of our community is paramount, so The Hub reserves the right to terminate membership at any time.